Friday, March 20, 2009

answered prayers

I could not emphasize more that God is good... so good... As I always being reminded, He will answer our prayers perfectly at the right time, never too soon nor too late, in fact He knows what we need more than ourselves.

As I might have confessed the other day, on the day of my commencement of my undergrad, I felt like a complete failure... totally... part of me was telling me that I did not fight and study hard enough. With that, I made a promise to myself that when I got back to my school for my graduate study, I will fight and I will try and try and try again... As a matter of fact, it is my best friend, n-y-o-t, who somehow infects me with her spirit, enthusiasm, confidence and discipline. She is one of the blessing in my life, and I know that she is definitely going to be my once in a life time kind of friend. I am lucky because not everyone in their life can meet such person who make a big impact in their lives. Going back to the topic, I promise myself to be more active, more confident in taking leadership roles, in doing my projects (in my ability to do it), in convincing recruiters that I can get the job done! in being myself... a better me, personally and intelectually.

Telling you the truth, during my undergrad oftentimes I felt desperate, questioning what was so bad with me, that I did not get an internship in a multi-national company, that people underestimate me, that I did not get that exceptional flying-color grades, that I just cant do my job. and when I looked back, I realized that I was all over the place, I was not focus, I tried to do all things at the same time. Some people might be able to handle it, but for me its better to have 2-3 works at the same time but with sufficient time and effort I can focus and deliver fine results. By being unable to deliver results, it discounted my confidence even more, leaving me with wandering brain.

Good thing I realize my mistakes, and more, I have people around me who always believe that I can do better (who else can assure me better =p). Those small 'exercises' in life were meant to train me to better handle bigger things in the future - I get it. and Yes, I went through the next chapter of my life with obedience, optimism, and integrity every day, because it hurts to remember the times when I was just not good enough...

Through it all, God has answered my prayers today... and in my first year of my graduate study, I have given an opportunity to have a leadership role, I have gotten a scholarship, and I am offered a summer internship at Cadbury (I got the offer today!!). I was offered a co-op at Campbells Soup last semester but things are just not working right in terms of time and my professor, and I just let it go. But I really do believe at that time that the Lord will give a better one, and its happening! Without any doubt, my next path is going to be busy , challenging, and exciting... but I am ready! because God is sooo good...

I am alone tonight, but I gotta celebrate it... baby back ribs, salad, and onion ring... thats a lot for one person... but =)) cheersss!!

with my deepest thank you to: David, Melvany and Tia, you help me to be who I am today...

No comments: